Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes ofwebsite accessibility
Close Alert

Woman dies after being electrocuted by air conditioner in NC hotel room

Economy Inn Hotel and Suites in Nash County (Google Maps)
Economy Inn Hotel and Suites in Nash County (Google Maps)
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon

ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WSET) -- Authorities said a woman has died and young child was hurt after being shocked by an air conditioner in a motel room Monday.

Rocky Mount Police said the woman and the child were staying in a room at the Economy Inn Hotel and Suites in Nash County.

Apparently, there was an issue with the air conditioner in the room and the woman tried to reset it when she was electrocuted, WRAL reported.

The two were rushed to a hospital, where the woman died, according to a family member.

Family said the woman touched the door handle and the floor was wet.

The child's condition was not immediately released.

Officers were seen going in and out of the room, along with an electrician, during their investigation.

It's not clear if charges will be filed.

Loading ...