Police report 8 car break-ins, thefts within 1 mile from Randolph College
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) -- Lynchburg Police confirmed Thursday that several vehicles have been broken into in neighborhoods surrounding Randolph College.
The school sent an alert warning the community of thefts from affected vehicles and that police were investigating.
According to LPD, there have been eight larceny or tampering with vehicle incidents within one mile of Randolph College since October 1.
They've happened in the following areas to seven unlocked cars and one locked car:
- 20 block of Riverview Pl. (Unlocked)
- 2200 block of Rivermont Ave. (Unlocked)
- 2100 block of Columbia Ave. (Unlocked)
- 200 block of Warwick Ln. (Unlocked)
- 200 block of Westmoreland St. (Unlocked)
- 300 block of Warwick Ln. (Unlocked)
- 2400 block of Terrell Pl (Locked)
- 400 block of Birch St. (Unlocked)
The community is reminded to keep their belongings and vehicles safe by:
- locking your vehicle
- closing your windows
- removing valuables out of sight
- parking in a safe, illuminated area
- checking interior of your car before entering
If you have any information on these incidents, call police immediately.