MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Officials: Electrical fire destroys Danville mobile home

The mobile home in Danville experienced extensive damage after a fire Saturday night. (WSET)

DANVILLE, Va. (WSET) -- The Danville Fire Department responded to a structure fire at a mobile home late Saturday night.

The incident occurred at 11:39 p.m. at 180 Lamberth Drive Lot 23.

First responders found that underneath the mobile home was well involved with fire and smoke.

Fire officials say they were able to quickly extinguish most of the fire.

Officials say the mobile home was undergoing renovations and was unoccupied during the fire.

In addition to the fire department's response, Danville Life Saving Crew, Danville Utilities and Danville Police responded to the incident.

The Fire Marshall determined the fire was caused by an electrical short.

Crews were on the scene for three and a half hours to fully extinguish the fire under the flooring.

Officials say the mobile home was declared a total loss.

The homeowner, Terry Hancock, said he came home to find smoke coming out of his home and a fire blazing.

He said he's extremely lucky his cousin woke him up and invited him over earlier in the day.

"Evidently, the man upstairs is looking after me because I was asleep," Hancock said. "She called and woke me up and I left. They say when you breath that smoke in, you won't wake up."

Hancock said he wasn't covered by insurance, and the fire burned everything including most of his clothes.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending