Local Delegates, mayor included in Northam's transition committee
ROANOKE, Va. (WSET) - Governor-elect Ralph Northam has named several people from our area as part of his transition committee.
“This bipartisan group of community leaders reflects the diversity that makes our Commonwealth a wonderful and inclusive place to live,” he said.
The people on his committee from our area include:
- Kim Adkins, Marketing Director, Carter Bank & Trust, Martinsville
- Jennifer Bowles, Vice Mayor, Martinsville City Council, Martinsville
- The Honorable R. Creigh Deeds, Senate of Virginia, Bath County
- Steven Gould, Member, City of Danville School Board, Danville
- Mike Hamlar, President, Hamlar Enterprises, Roanoke
- The Honorable Sherman P. Lea, Sr., Mayor, City of Roanoke, Roanoke
- The Honorable Sam Rasoul, House of Delegates, Roanoke City
- The Honorable Shannon Valentine, Former Member of the Virginia House of Delegates, Lynchburg
“I am honored to have the help of such a great group of Virginians as we build an administration that reflects Virginia and takes our Commonwealth to the next level. We have a tremendous opportunity over the next four years to make a positive difference in the lives of Virginians, and to create opportunity for every Virginian, no matter who you are, no matter where you live. I look forward to hitting the ground running to do just that," Northam said.
To see the list of the full transition committee, click here.