Crews to upgrade Danville power lines starting Monday
DANVILLE, Va. (WSET) - Danville Utilities will begin an electric line upgrade starting Monday, Feb. 12.
Officials say the work is weather permitting.
They say the work will be in the following areas:
- 691 Arnett Blvd. to the intersection with Glendale Ave
- 100 block of Dalton Street
- 200 block of Ruskin Street
- 100 block of Parrish Road
- 100 Milford Place
- 136 Nor Dan
- 800 block of Melville Avenue
Officials say there will be intermittent power outages in these areas for three to four weeks between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Those outages are to protect the crews working on the lines, officials say.
Danville officials say the project will include setting new poles and replacing old copper wire to improve system flexibility and service reliability.
For more information, click here.