Brookville softball, LCA Baseball among Tuesday's winners
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) - The Brookville Bees softball team only mustered one run in the bottom of the 6th inning of Tuesday night's game against Heritage.
Fortunately, that's all Bees pitcher Maddie Harris needed.
The right handed pitcher threw a complete-game, 11 strikeout performance in Brookville's 1-0 win. Both sides threatened to score throughout, but strong pitching from Harris, as well as Heritage's Kelsey St. John kept the game deadlocked into the 6th inning. In the bottom 6, Brookville's Christina Riley hit a bouncer down the line, and when the throw to first got away, it allowed Maddie Walker to come home to score the game's lone run.
Brookville moves to 4-0 with the win.
In other scores reported to the ABC13 Sports Desk:
- L.C.A. 3, Liberty 0 - Hunter Hurley and Jacob Williams combined for a no-hitter in the LCA win. Wes Clarke went 1-3 with an RBI, while Kyle Horton added a HR in the win.
- Rustburg 8, E.C. Glass 2
- Brookville 11, Heritage 1
- Westover Christian 18, Temple Christian 0 - Brantley Riddle (WCA) 3 shutout innings with 9 strikeouts. Austin Salmon (WCA) - 3 hits, 2B, 2 RBI, 3 runs scored, 4 stolen bases.
- Amherst County 3, Jefferson Forest 0 - Braelyn Cooper (AMH): 11 Strikeouts, 1 hit, 0 runs allowed, complete game shutout. Holland Saunders (AMH) goes 2-3 at the plate.
- Rustburg 2, E.C. Glass 2
- Jefferson Forest 2, Amherst County 1