MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Toddler dies after neck gets stuck in car window

One week after closing his own neck in the window of a car on accident, a two-year-old Indiana boy has died (Photo: CNN Newsource)

INDIANAPOLIS, In. (WSET) -- An Indiana couple is in mourning after the loss of their two-and-a-half-year-old.

After battling injuries for a week in the hospital, Logan Vanderkleed died after accidentally closing his own neck in the window of a car.

Last week, Logan and his five-year-old sister had just gotten back to the family's farm from lunch with their dad.

Their dad said he decided to leave them in the car with the A/C on, for a nap, about 30 feet from where they were working so he could keep an eye on them.

At some point, their dad said Logan woke up and somehow rolled the car window down and then back up again, catching his neck.

He was rushed to the hospital, but died Thursday morning.

There is now a "Love for Logan" Facebook page with more than 40,000 likes.

Trending