Sheriff's Office: Six vehicles stolen from Campbell Co. areas in past two weeks
CAMPBELL Co., Va. (WSET) -- The Campbell County Sheriff's Office said it's investigating an increase in stolen vehicles from different areas of the county.
They said since August 28, six different vehicles have been stolen from homes in Rustburg, Lynchburg, and Evington.
- 2009 Ford F-150 (recovered in Bedford County). This truck was stolen from the Rustburg area on August 28.
- 2001 Dodge Ram Pick-up. This truck was stolen from Rustburg on Sept. 1, and it was found abandoned in Rustburg.
- 1996 Honda Accord, white in color with a black bumper. This vehicle was stolen from the Timberlake area on Sept. 1. This vehicle has not been recovered. The plate number is WVT-6640 (Virginia plates).
- 2012 Ford Escape, black in color, was stolen from a subdivision, near Russell Springs. This vehicle has black wheels and it was stolen on Sept. 8. This vehicle has not been recovered. The plate number is XHS-1468 (Virginia plates).
- 2016 Kia Optima, black in color, was stolen on Sept. 8 in the same general area as the Ford Escape (#4 above). This vehicle has not been recovered. The plate number is 1981 NW (Maine plates).
- 2000 Ford Ranger XLT, white in color, was stolen on Sept. 10 from Evington. The picture of the Ranger is not an exact match. The stolen Ranger has white fenders, no bug shield, and the running boards are black, not chrome. This vehicle has not been recovered. The plate number is 7160 PF (Virginia plates).
The sheriff's office released photos similar to the vehicles that were stolen and they believe that the license plates for those vehicles not yet recovered may have been changed.
They said this is a reminder to not leave your keys in your vehicles and to keep them locked, even at home.
If you have any information about these cases, please contact the main number of the Campbell County Sheriff’s Office at 434-592-9580, Maj. L.T. Guthrie at 434-332-9700, or Central Virginia Crime Stoppers at 1-888-798-5900.