MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Electric space heater to blame for house fire in Danville

(WSET)

DANVILLE, Va. (WSET) -- The Danville Fire Marshal's Office said an electric space heater caused a fire on Wednesday that's left one man without his home.

The fire department responded to the home on West Thomas Street around 1:20 p.m. to find a small one-story home heavily involved, with smoke and flames showing.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly and without any injuries.

The Fire Marshal's Office said the fire was accidental and the homeowner wasn't inside when the fire occurred.

The American Red Cross is helping him out.

The Danville Fire Department responded 19 personnel to the scene including, three engines, one ladder, and four support vehicles.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending