There are seven simple things you can do to increase your life expectancy. The American Institute for Cancer Research came out with seven recommendations they say will reduce the risk of dying by one third.
1) Try to stay as thin as possible without being underweight. You can reduce your risk of death by 22 % just by not being overweight.
2) Be active for at least 30 minutes a day.
3) Limit high calorie foods and sugary drinks.
4) Eat plenty of whole grains and beans and at least five fruits and vegetables each day.
5) Limit the amount of red and processed meats you eat.
6) Only one drink of alcohol a day for women and two for men.
7) Women should breastfeed their children exclusively for the first six months.