Sovah Health - Danville is hiring a RN in Med/Surg ($7,500 Sign On Bonus)
Sovah Health - Danville is hiring a Registered Nurse in Med/Surg ($7,500 Sign On Bonus)
2A, 4A, 5A
Sovah Health - Danville
Assumes principle responsibility for total care of assigned patients in the respective unit. Responsible for the processes of assessment, reassessment, establishment of nursing diagnoses, formulation of the written plan of care, implementation of care, and evaluation of care. Initiates health care training and education to the patient/family as required while supporting and fostering the goals of Sovah Health - Danville and the Department of Nursing. Demonstrates awareness of ongoing needs of the unit and provides leadership and direction to other team members in maintaining optimal standards of nursing care. Accountable for the supervision of other licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel for assigned unit. Requires flexibility in scheduling and ability to work all shift patterns including weekends and holidays to ensure continuity of care and appropriateness of nursing coverage to the patients of Sovah Health - Danville on all units. Responsible for providing care to all of the patient population with consideration to age - specificity and diagnosis.
Graduate from a school of professional nursing.
Previous experience in acute care hospital setting preferred. Requirements will include successful completion of orientation checklist, pharmacology exam, and skills/credentials/competency requirements of specific unit.
Current licensure or eligible as a Registered Nurse from the Virginia State Board of Nursing. Current AHA BLS. ACLS certification required.
- Demonstrates current, comprehensive, professional knowledge and skills in conformance with recognized nursing standards and department policies including the Patient Bill of Rights and Joint Commission regulations, Standards for
- Nursing Care for the Patient Care Unit, and the Nurse Practice Act.
- Performs initial physiological needs assessment on all patients within 1 hour of admission and shift assessment per hospital policy.
- Performs psychosocial needs assessment (per hospital policy) with each admission and daily during each shift.
- Demonstrates accountability for ongoing awareness of the status of assigned patients. Collects and documents data appropriate to nature and severity of the illness. Communicates appropriate data to the physician and other patient care team members.
- Interprets and implements physician’s orders: performs treatments according to accepted standards and department policies; evaluates and documents effectiveness of treatments.
- Documents care provided to patient according to hospital policy.
- Prepares, administers, assesses and documents the effectiveness of medication administration.
- Reassesses the effectiveness of comfort measures (including all PRN medications given) within 1 hour of intervention.
- Evaluates patient response to all procedures and interventions carried out both on a physical and psychological basis.
- Assesses patient’s psychological response to hospitalization and diagnosis each shift.
- Evaluates patient/family responses to education regarding disease process, medications, and follow up care.
For more information about this and other job opportunities with Sovah Health - Danville, please visit us at: http://www.sovahhealth.com.