Richmond, VA - Some 37 schools are on a list of low performing schools in the state that need to turn things around, according to the state.
There's a catch, however, the schools have to partner with one of 73 schools who are doing well to help coach them.
The Virginia Department of Education created the lists, which include the following local schools:
Schools which need to improvement:
- Martinsville's Albert Harris Elementary.
- Roanoke's Lincoln Terrace Elementary.
- William Fleming High School.
Schools for them to follow after:
- Bedford County's Big Island and Body Camp Elementary.
- Campbell County's Altavista and Rustburg Elementary.
- Danville's Schoofield Elementary.
- Lynchburg's Heritage, Paul Munro, and Robert S. Payne Elementary.