Reporter: Claudia Rupcich | Videographer: Brian Whitesell
Watch ABC 13 News at 5 this week for more "Cooking Tips" featuring chefs involved in Lynchburg's Restaurant Week. We'll be talking to Geralds, Catalano's, Magnolia Foods, Waterstone Pizza and Hot & Cold Cafe.
Recipes from Ivy Taylor, head chef at Magnolia Foods:
Cold Cucumber Soup
6 cucumbers, seeded, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup minced red onion
3 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup lemon juice
- Mince garlic and onion in food processor and add cucumbers one at a time.
- Finely puree and transfer into a large bowl until all cucumbers are done.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper. Serve.
Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
3 cup salad oil
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fresh spinach
1 cup roasted red bell pepper
1/2 cup rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Place garlic cloves in food processor and mince finely.
- Add spinach, roasted red peppers and rehydrated tomatoes. Process until finely chopped.
- Gradually add lemon juice, salad and olive oil. Process until thoroughly blended thoroughly. Serve.
Check out Magnolia Foods' restaurant week menu.