67
      Sunday
      78 / 61
      Monday
      79 / 62
      Tuesday
      84 / 62

      Unattended Cooking causes House Fire in Roanoke County

      Roanoke County, VA - Roanoke County officials have figured out what caused a fire that damaged a home on Oakland Boulevard.

      They say a woman who lives there was heating some oil in a pot Monday night when she left the kitchen for a moment and it caught on fire.

      The flames spread to the cabinets before firefighters arrived.

      The fire was contained to the kitchen, but the rest of the house received smoke damage.

      No one was injured and the woman and her two children who live there are staying with relatives.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER