55
      Sunday
      73 / 57
      Monday
      76 / 53
      Tuesday
      71 / 52

      Unattended Cooking Cause of Danville House Fire

      Danville, VA--Unattended cooking caused a house fire on Thursday afternoon in Danville.

      The Danville Fire Department got to the scene in the 1200 block of Forest Street around 3:30 p.m.

      They said a woman in the home said she was cooking, fell asleep and woke up to the house full of smoke. She was able to get out.

      Danville Fire Department said a dog was in the home and seemed hurt. It was taken from the scene to the Danville Humane Society. No word yet on its condition.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER