Unattended Cooking Blamed For Early Morning Fire in Roanoke
Roanoke, VA - Firefighters had to rescue two cats during an early morning house fire in Roanoke Saturday. According to Roanoke Fire-EMS Spokesperson Tiffany Bradbury, the call for the fire came in around 2:08 a.m. for a house fire in the 4300 Block of Shenandoah Avenue. The fire was under control at 2:30 a.m. Firefighters found eight people outside, who led them to a fire in the kitchen. The two cats that were rescued were sent to the emergency vet. The Red Cross is helping the victims. The cause of the fire is unattended cooking. Damage estimates are around $55,000.
WSET ABC 13 covers news, sports and weather in the Heart of Virginia: Lynchburg, Danville and Roanoke and nearby communities including Amherst, Lexington, Cave Springs, Blacksburg, Martinsville, Farmville, North Shore, Glasgow, Altavista, Gretna, Chatham, Blairs, Bassett, Rocky Mt, Penhook, Moneta and Buena Vista