83
      Thursday
      86 / 62
      Friday
      87 / 63
      Saturday
      84 / 64

      Structure Fire Caused by Child Playing with a Lighter

      Roanoke, VA - The American Red Cross is assisting a family who was displaced after a fire at their home.

      Roanoke Fire and EMS say they were called to the 400 block of Cherryhill Road around 5:45 Thursday night.

      Crews say there were no injuries involved, but the damages are around $75,000.

      They say a child playing with a lighter caused the structure fire.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER