Space Heater To Blame for January 3 Fire in Danville

Danville, VA - The Danville Fire Department says a space heater left unattended and in operation is to blame for a fire the occurred January 3 at 517 Third Avenue.

The space heater was left on and next to a bed.

The Fire Marshal suggests that all space heaters be kept away from combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes and curtains at least three feet from the front of the heater and away from the sides and rear.

Never leave an operating heater unattended and always unplug the heater when not in use. For additional information on safe heating please call the Fire Marshal's Office at 799-5226.