Roanoke House Fire Displaces Four, Ruled Accidental

Roanoke Co., VA - Roanoke County fire investigators are not able to identify exactly what sparked a house fire that broke out on Underhill Avenue Friday afternoon.

A family of four have now been displaced. Two dogs and a cat were found alive and well.

Roanoke County Fire & Rescue crews say they responded to the residential structure fire in the 1400 block of Underhill Avenue at about 1:45 Friday afternoon.

When crews arrived, the saw flames coming from the front of a single story house.

A neighbor heard a popping sound, spotted the smoke, and called 911.

The family wasn't at home when the fire started.

Firefighters had the fire knocked down in about 15 minutes, fire officials say.

Damage estimates are estimated to be around $50,000.

The fire is believed to be accidental in nature, investigators say.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off