73
      Thursday
      86 / 62
      Friday
      87 / 63
      Saturday
      85 / 64

      Roanoke Home Catches Fire

      Roanoke, VA - Roanoke fire officials say two people made it out of their home when it caught fire early Friday morning, likely because their smoke detector went off.

      Firefighters rushed to the home on Clifton Street about 5:30 a.m. and saw smoke coming from the attic. The fire was under control about 20 minutes later.

      Officials say the cause of the fire was an electrical problem. Damage is estimated at $16,000.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER