84
      Sunday
      78 / 61
      Monday
      79 / 62
      Tuesday
      84 / 62

      Roanoke County Fire Displaces Two

      Roanoke, VA - Two people in Roanoke County are without a home tonight after their trailer caught fire Thursday afternoon. The fire broke out around 4:45 p.m. Thursday in the kitchen, but also damaged the rest of the home.

      Volunteer firefighters from both Fort Lewis and Masons Cove quickly responded to the 4400 block of Fort Lewis Church Road and got the flames under control in about 20 minutes.

      Investigators have determined that unattended candle wax in a pan on top of the stove caused the fire.

      The two people who lived at the home are getting help by the American Red Cross.

      Luckily, the residents were not at home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries reported.

      Still, damages are estimated to be around $20,000.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER