Roanoke Co. Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental

Roanoke Co., VA - Some residents at a Roanoke County apartment complex have a neighbor to thank for waking them up when a unit caught fire.

According to fire officials, crews were called to the Villages of Garst Creek complex just after midnight and found fire showing from the front of the building.

Officials say a resident got home, saw the fire, called 911, then got into her car and started honking the horn.

The fire was ruled accidental and started in an outside light fixture.

Two families were displaced and the Red Cross is helping them.