Pasta Salad With Tomatoes, Basil & ParmesanBy: Chef Emerald Coleman
- 1 lb Pasta
- 8 oz Cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 oz Basil; torn
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Pine nuts, toasted
1. Cook the Pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
2. Mix the tomatoes, garlic, basil, and oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle the cheese onto the sheet. Bake for 5 minutes until melted and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
4. Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Dry well on a clean, kitchen towel.
5. Add the pasta to the bowl with the tomatoes. Mix well and transfer to a serving dish.
6. Break up the cheese and sprinkle it over the pasta. Garnish with the basil and pine nuts.