Man Candy By: Chef Emerald Coleman
- 1/2 cup Dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1/2 lb Smoked bacon, thick sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and place a wire baking rack over the top.
2. Combine the brown sugar and pecans in a food processor and process until pecans are finely ground. Add the salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes and pulse until combined. Add the maple syrup and pulse again to moisten the crumbs.
3. Cut bacon strips in half crosswise and line across baking rack, making sure pieces don't touch each other. Using a small spoon or your fingers, evenly spread the prepared pecan mixture over the top of each piece of bacon, using all the mixture. Bake uncovered for 25 - 30 minutes on center rack of oven until the topping is very browned.
4. While bacon is still hot, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside to cool. Serve at room temperature.