Madison Heights, VA - A family of five is without a home after a fire in Madison Heights Friday. Amherst County Public Safety Coordinator Gary Roakes says multiple crews were called to the scene of the 200 block of Brightwell Mill Road around noon. Roakes says that the property was being rented by the family. The family did not have insurance and the home is a total loss, Roakes said. No one was home at the time and fire crews believe the cause comes from a dryer that was running inside the home.
WSET ABC 13 covers news, sports and weather in the Heart of Virginia: Lynchburg, Danville and Roanoke and nearby communities including Amherst, Lexington, Cave Springs, Blacksburg, Martinsville, Farmville, North Shore, Glasgow, Altavista, Gretna, Chatham, Blairs, Bassett, Rocky Mt, Penhook, Moneta and Buena Vista