Lynchburg City Leaders Hold Meeting to Discuss Proposed Bike Lanes Plan
Lynchburg, VA - The City of Lynchburg is looking for ways to make biking around town a little easier. One proposal involves adding bike lanes to both sides of Fort Avenue.
A part of this plan calls for public feedback, so city officials are holding a public meeting in Miller Park Wednesday evening.
Here are some key facts about the city's bike plan:
- The city adopted Region 2000's bike plan in 2009.
- The plan would have a lane stretch along Fort that is going to get these lanes is a distance under 1 mile from Wythe Road to Park Avenue and the Kemper Street Station
- preliminary study showed there was 150 parking spaces along that stretch and engineers estimate a loss of 50 spaces
- Traffic volume won't be impacted along that portion of Fort Avenue.
- The lanes won't come as an additional cost to the city.