Italian Roasted Turkey By: Chef Michelle Serves 6-8 - Entre
- 1 15-20 lb. Turkey
- 1/4 lb. Butter, softened
- 2 Tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Small Onion, cut into 8 pieces (skin on is ok)
- 1 Stalk Celery - cut into quarters
1. Pre heat oven to 350F
2. Remove Turkey from packaging, place Turkey into roasting pan.
3. In a small mixing bowl place butter, Italian Seasoning and the juice of 1 lemon, reserving the rinds.
4. Mix Butter mixture thoroughly.
5. Slide your hands beneath the skin of the Turkey creating a pocket. Massage half of the Butter Mixture under the skin.
6. Massage the remaining Butter Mixture over the entire Turkey.
7. Sprinkle Paprika on Turkey.
8. Stuff cavity with Lemon Rinds, Onion and Celery.
9. Place in oven at 350.
10. Bake Turkey 15-20 minutes per pound, uncovered.
11. After the correct temperature of the Turkey has been achieved, take out of the oven and allow the Turkey to rest for 10 minutes.
12. Begin basting the Turkey for 5-10 minutes and serve.