61
      Saturday
      74 / 57
      Sunday
      76 / 53
      Monday
      81 / 58

      Grease Fire Destroys Home in Evington

      Evington, VA- A family is now without a home after their house caught fire Thursday night.

      Firefighters were called to 144 Ridge Road just a little after 7:00 p.m. ABC-13 spoke with a neighbor who saw the flames and called it in.She and a passerby feared that someone was in the home... and ran over to the house while it was on fire.
      "He knocked on the door and said it's too much smoke for me, too much smoke for me I can't breathe so I just ran back here and called 911," said Lillian Jones, who witnessed the fire.
      No one was inside at the time.The Campbell County Fire Marshal believes a grease fire may have been the cause.The Red Cross is helping the family with a hotel and groceries.If you'd like to help that family, you can contact the Red Cross at 434-845-1234.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER