54
      Friday
      61 / 48
      Saturday
      76 / 55
      Sunday
      78 / 53

      Fire in Roanoke Saturday Ruled Accidental

      Roanoke, VA - A fire in Roanoke sent one person to thehospital Saturday Morning.

      According to Roanoke Fire-EMS Spokesperson Tiffany Bradbury,crews got a call for a fire at 810 2nd Street, SW at 7:12 a.m. Whenthey arrived, firefighters found a fire in the front of the building.

      The fire was under control at 7:21 a.m.

      Bradbury says the fire started when a flowerpot on the frontporch was used as an ashtray.

      The fire has been ruled as accidental.

      There were six people in the building when the fire started.One was transported to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for smoke inhalation,Bradbury said.

      Damage to the building is estimated atapproximately $7500.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER