30
      Saturday
      47 / 27
      Sunday
      52 / 30
      Monday
      46 / 28

      Fire Destroys House in Roanoke

      Roanoke, VA - A house in Roanoke has been declared unsafe after a fire moved through it very quickly Wednesday night.

      The fire happened in a home in the 900 block of Hanover Avenue NW.

      The fire department says it all began about 6:20 p.m., when someone inside left cooking unattended.

      Four people in the home escaped, and one suffered minor injuries.

      The damage is estimated at $40,000.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER