Dryer Ventilation System to Blame for Danville Fire

Danville, VA - Danville fire officials blame a clogged dryer vent system and lint buildup for an early Tuesday morning fire.

According to Battalion Chief F.G.Ferguson, the fire occurred at 147 Ginger Drive around 12:43 a.m.

Crews from Piney Forest, Third Avenue, and the airport fire station along with the ladder truck, air truck and command vehicle from Bridge Street station responded to the fire.

When firefighters arrived, they noticed smoke coming from the front door.

Firefighters were told that the dryer was on fire in the basement. They were able to put the fire out in less than five minutes.

A total of 17 firefighters were on the scene for nearly 90 minutes.

All occupants were out of the home and accounted for. There were no injuries.