22
      Sunday
      25 / 20
      Monday
      33 / 27
      Tuesday
      42 / 30

      Dog Killed in Roanoke House Fire

      Roanoke, VA- A house fire in Roanoke caused some major damage Friday night. Fire and EMS crews responded to a home in the 1800 block of Salem Avenue around 8:50 p.m.

      When they got on the scene, they found heavy flames coming from the back of the house. We're told crews had the fire under control in about 10 minutes.

      Four residents escaped the home without any injuries, but a dog was killed in the fire. We're told it was caused by unattended cooking, and damage to the home is estimated at $31,000.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER