Danville Woman Talks About House Fire

Danville, VA - A Danville family has been displaced after their home caught fire Tuesday Afternoon.

The fire broke out in the 100 block of Fairlawn Drive.

LeShawn Elam says she was home alone sleeping when she heard some noise from the kitchen. She says someone started cooking and then left the house.

Elam was able to escape but could not put out the fire.

Now, she says they have lost everything, including all of their furniture.

For now, the fire victims are staying with family and they are just thankful that everyone is okay.

"I cried a little bit. As I said before I was kind of sad but I was really glad that none of my family was inside," Elam said.

Elam says she and her family have insurance and they hope to replace much of what they lost.