Danville Brush Fire Started From Cigarette

Danville, VA - The Danville Fire Department was called to a brush fire Thursday afternoon that threatened homes.

Emergency crews got a call just after 1 p.m. to 58 West across from Windsor Heights.
Officials say someone was driving by when they dropped a cigarette off the side of the road. That caught the brush and grass on fire.
The Fire Department was able to contain the fire before it could spread and cause any damage. Crews were on the scene for about 45 minutes and had to block off one lane of traffic.