Update 4:45 p.m.:
Lynchburg, VA - Fire crews say an electrical malfunction caused Wednesday's fire at County Green apartments in Lynchburg.
Officials say a lamp sparked and the resident put a towel over it to stop the fire, but it spread even more.
Eight people were affected -five apartment units total, including two leasing spaces for Langley Apartments.
The Red Cross is setting residents up with housing while building inspectors take a look at the damage.
Two units have fire damage and seven have smoke damage.
Fortunately, everyone got out alright.
Lynchburg, VA - Crews are still on the scene of a fire at County Green Apartments in Lynchburg.
Several crews responded to the 400 unit off of McConville Road early Wednesday afternoon.
An 85-year-old resident says the fire started in her home when a table lamp sparked. She says the alarms immediately went off and she and her husband were able to get out of the apartment.
Crews are on the scene.
Updates to come.