38
      Tuesday
      38 / 22
      Wednesday
      33 / 18
      Thursday
      35 / 20

      Carbon Monoxide Leak Forces Evacuation at Salem Apartment Complex

      Salem, VA - Officials say furnaces are to blame for a carbon monoxide leak that sent seven people to the hospital in Salem.

      The Chestnut Manor Apartments were evacuated Sunday night after tests showed carbon monoxide levels were higher than 400 parts per million. Seven people were taken to the hospital for evaluation. We're told at levels as low as 35 parts per million, carbon monoxide can cause headaches and dizziness.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER