Carbon Monoxide Leak at Lynchburg House Sends Four to Hospital

Lynchburg, VA - Lynchburg fire crews were called to a home on Walton Drive early Friday morning because of a carbon monoxide leak.

Fire personnel tell ABC 13 that four people were transported to the hospital due to a furnace malfunction.

"It was a gas fired furnace, therefore carbon monoxide was able to get into the home, and they were able to recognize it right away. They started feeling some ill effects, and were able to get out safely." said Battalion Chief Greg Wormser.

Wormser says they were taken to the hospital to make sure they were okay. No life threatening injuries, but the fire department recommends you have a carbon monoxide detector and a smoke detector in your home.