Big E's Oyster Stew By: Chef Emerald Coleman
- 1 Pint Select Oysters, liquor reserved
- 1/4 Cup Celery, minced
- 1/4 Cup Red onion, minced
- 1/4 Cup Carrot, minced
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Quart Half & Half cream
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 3 Dashes Hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp Lea & Perrins
- 4 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
1. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in saucepan over medium heat and add vegetables. Sweat vegetables until onions are translucent and carrots have begun to soften.
2. Add oysters and liquor, Old Bay, salt, and pepper. Heat until liquor begins to boil and edges of oysters begin to curl.
3. Increase heat to medium high and add Half & Half. Bring to a quick boil and remove from heat.
4. Blend in remaining 3 Tbsp butter, hot sauce, and Lea & Perrins.
5. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with parsley.
Serve with oysters or your favorite crackers.