Appalachian Power wants you to think New Year's resolution, so they've sent out some tips to help you go on an energy diet.
If you adopt these low cost strategies, you can save on your energy bill all year long.
- Get an energy checkup. Have a qualified auditor find the best ways to cut down on your bill with an assessment.
- Switch to energy efficient lighting. Conventional incandescent bulbs are slowly disappearing from store shelves anyway.
- Plug energy leaks by installing weather stripping around doors and windows.
- Air dry your laundry because clothes dryers are big energy users.
- Whenever possible, replace older appliances and equipment with high-efficiency Energy Star rated products.
Get some more tips here.