65
      Saturday
      68 / 53
      Sunday
      71 / 58
      Monday
      72 / 53

      2 People Critically Injured in Roanoke Apartment Fire

      Roanoke, VA - Five people were injured, two critically, after their apartment building caught fire Wednesday night.

      Roanoke fire crews were called to the 4800 block of Rutgers Street around 10:30 P.M.

      Once on scene they found smoke and flames coming from the building. Several people either jumped or were rescued from upper floor windows.

      In all, twelve apartments were affected, displacing 34 people.

      The fire, which started as an accidental grease fire in a ground level apartment, caused nearly $400,000 in damage.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER